Ford F-150 Raptor inspired by the iconic F-22 fighter jet
Have you ever wondered, “What would a 2017 Ford F-150 look like if it was a fighter jet?” Well, apparently Ford asked itself the same question. To answer this question, Ford created a Ford F-150 Raptor inspired by the iconic F-22 fighter jet. It may sound a little silly at first, but this one-of-a-kind truck sold for $300,000 at a recent auction. Keep on reading to learn all about it.
Custom Ford Vehicles Auctioned off at EAA Events
In the end of July, the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) hosted its annual AirVenture celebration in Oshkosh, WI. Along with dozens of other events and activities, there was an auction held to raise funds for the EAA Gathering of Eagles – an organization dedicated to encouraging youth involvement in the aviation industry.
In the last ten years, Ford has raised more than $3 million for the EAA and its annual celebration by auctioning off one-of-a-kind Ford vehicles during the festivities. This year, Ford created the F-22 F-150, and it sold for $300,000 – which will help to fund the EAA Gathering of Eagles for many years to come. Not only does the F-22 F-150 look like a fighter jet, it is also exquisitely equipped with a wide variety of awesome features and decals.
A few highlights of the F-22 F-150 include:
- A whipple-intercooled, high-output 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost® engine achieving 545 horsepower and 660 lb-ft of torque
- All-stainless-steel cat-back Borla exhaust system with carbon fiber tips
- Jet-inspired cues featured on the interior
- Unique Sherwin-Williams exterior paint integrating F-22 Raptor jet cues including titanium grille with front silhouette of the aircraft
- Fox bypass series shocks with adjustable compression and rebound valving to customize damping for on-road and off-road use
Sadly, this Ford F-150 Raptor inspired by the iconic F-22 fighter jet won’t be joining our inventory. However, we do still have plenty of other Ford and Lincoln vehicles that would love to go out on a test drive. Schedule one today!
We hope to see you soon!